Natural Childbirth Classes
The intention of these classes is to empower and educate the expectant family with tools and information that will be useful before, during, and after pregnancy. Working from an understanding that birth is a normal process of the body, we will explore the impulse many women have to attempt an unmedicated birth, and assist the partner in supporting and caring for the Mama during her birth journey. In this independent, out of and not associated with a hospital class, we are free to explore topics and birth beliefs that may not be addressed in a hospital based class. My intention is to facilitate in an experiential and creative way, classes that inspire, excite and empower you.
In this 15 hour class, we will explore and engage in many topics, including but not limited to:
- Cultural beliefs and the politics of modern birth practices.
- Nutrition and wellness during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Anatomy of pregnancy and birth and the hormonal blueprint of birth.
- Options in care: Obs and midwives and Doulas, Oh My!
- Normal birth, stages of labor, variations and complications and interventions.
- Comfort measures and coping techniques as well as understanding pain medication options.
- Yoga, relaxation, massage and breathing techniques, aromatherapy and water birth.
- Optimal fetal positioning, partner support and communication during birth and postpartum.
- Newborn care, breastfeeding resources and infant massage and the fourth trimester.
This session includes the Comfort Measures Workshop and the Breast Feeding Basics workshop.
We will only be offering the Comfort Measures and Breastfeeding Basics Classes in December. Please visit those pages to register. The 2014 class series dates will be up by December 10th. Please contact Jenny with any additional questions. 773-248-9642.